Is your business where you want it to be? Do you have written legal nurse consulting business goals?
If you’re finding yourself treading water, longing to jump forward to success, it could be a matter of not having strong enough motivation, or not reminding yourself of why you want to achieve your legal nurse consulting business goals and be successful. As a result, you can start slacking, sleeping in instead of marketing your business, or preparing that blog post you promised to write each day or just existing when you could be excelling.
What motivates you? What are your legal nurse consulting business goals?
I have found that practicing positive motivation can be very inspiring. Knowing you want to attend an expensive conference, send your kids to private school, pay for college, have the flexibility to be with a loved one when they need you, send your parents on a trip with the expenses paid or just make the mortgage payment can all be great reasons to keep you focused on the goal and motivated to do what needs to be done.
What are your goals for your legal nurse consulting business? How do you keep it in the forefront of your mind at all times?
Here are some tips to keep your legal nurse consulting business goals in front of you:
1. Dream about them in color. Don’t just say you want your business to be successful so your child can attend a private school. Dream about dropping him off at the front door, him wearing the uniform, what parent teacher conferences will be like, etc. Don’t just dream about writing 100 blog posts, dream about how you will celebrate each one. The interaction on your page as people comment, the celebration when you reach 100. Make all your goals and dreams vivid color.
2. Create a vision board. Cut photos, words, and other images from magazines and glue them, collage-style, on a piece of poster board. Hang it somewhere you can see frequently. (Hint: You can do the same thing digitally by creating an electronic vision board and using it for your desktop wallpaper.)
3. Write your legal nurse consulting business goals big. Write your goal on a large piece of paper, or on the whiteboard in your office. Keep it in front of yourself constantly. Read it multiple times per day.
4. Write your goals everywhere. Put post-it notes on your car’s dashboard, on your bathroom mirror, on your checkbook, in your day planner or calendar. The constant visual reminder will keep you focused. I have added it to a daily reminder on my calendar and task list, so I am sure to see it.
5. Go audio. Record your goals on a digital voice recorder and play it back, or read it out loud each morning and evening. I have mine as a recorded note on my phone and listen to it every morning when I’m driving.
6. Make it vivid. Make your reminders filled with emotions. Picture your kids in their school uniforms. See your parents on their trip. Post a photo of the Eiffel Tower on your bulletin board. Whatever takes your eye and moves you. The more completely you can view your future, the easier it will be to latch onto it and use it as a guiding light.
7. Tell others about your legal nurse consulting business goals. There is something about telling others you are going to do something, reach a goal, etc. that makes you more accountable. So tell a friend, an accountability partner or coach.
One of the keys here is experimentation. If you’ve already tried positive motivation, maybe it’s time to change things up. Consider finding an accountability partner or coach. Someone who can help you to see your roadblocks and move you forward.
Take a moment now to imagine about your success. Think how it will feel, the steps in the process, the people surrounding you. Don’t just wish it would happen, but take steps now to make your dreams come true and success will be yours.
Debbie O’Grady wrote this guest post.
Debbie joins Pat Iyer and 4 other successful business women in an ondemand course called Kick Start Your Business. You’re about to discover the resource that kick starts your business without having to do the research. How much time should you have to spend to get fresh new ideas for your business? Kick Start Your Business assembles all of those ideas in one place. If you can commit a few hours, I’ll show you how to build your business in just 6 short weeks. Get all the details at this link.