When you enjoy a book, it is a natural desire to tell others about the book. Here are instructions for how to write an Amazon book review. Amazon.com provides a way to share your thoughts about this book you just finished reading. I invite you to write a book review after buying one of my books. It is easy. Here are tips for how to write an Amazon book review.
1. After going to the link for the book on Amazon.com, the first thing you are asked to do is to assign a number of stars to the book. Choose the number of stars you think matches your opinion about the book.
2. Create a title for the review. This can be a simple phrase, like “Awesome guide”. If you are not sure what to say, look at the titles of other book reviews.
3. It is easiest to write the book in a word processor and then paste it into Amazon.com. Your word processor will pick up typos before your review goes public.
4. Write the review as if you were talking to another person – you are – a person who comes to Amazon.com and is considering buying this book.
5. Include a description of what you found most helpful. Was it an idea, chapter, tip? Share that with the readers.
6. Next you may want to write who you think would most benefit from this book. Is it for beginners? Or is it more appropriate for someone with experience with this topic?
7. What if you have something negative to say about the book? Authors cringe when they see negative reviews. The review has to be extreme before Amazon will remove it.
8. If you have something negative to say about a book, use constructive criticism. If you include negative feedback in the review, keep a positive perspective rather than to attack the author.
Here are some sample phrases you may use when you write an Amazon book review:
• While overall the book was good, I would change it by. . .
• I don’t think this book is right for. . .
• I would improve this book by. . .
Before you hit save, read everything over one more time.
Authors and readers appreciate book reviews. You will find they get easier to write with time.
Have you purchased one of my books? I’d love you to write a review on Amazon.
Search for the book title on Amazon + Iyer to get to the book page. Let me know if these tips on how to write an Amazon book review helped.