You’ve been thinking about how to outsource LNC tasks.
Is this you?
- You’ve got way more to do in your business than you can manage.
- You have a full time job, a part time LNC business and you feel full time tired.
- You worry about not being able to manage all of the parts of your business.
It is time to think about how to outsource LNC tasks
How does outsourcing work? Outsourcing is the coordination of three phases: pre-go, selection and manage.
Pre-Go Outsourcing LNC Tasks
The most important stage is the pre-go stage because it is when you have the most control over the outcome you receive. Pre-Go is when you prepare the information, materials and instructions your outsourcing teammate needs to function. Think of the pre-go stage as the planning stage.
Selection of Your Outsourced Team Member
Hiring the right teammate is crucial to your success. Be sure you know ahead of time what personality quality and technical skills you require and which are optional. Remember, it’s not a popularity contest. Pick the person who has the skills and the temperament you want so that you get the most of your efforts to outsource LNC tasks.
- How important is it that you be able to speak to this person?
- Do you need a person for a project or on an ongoing basis?
- Have you seen samples of this person’s work?
Manage Your Team Member to Outsource LNC Tasks
Your teammate will be doing the bulk of the work but you can’t just walk away. You’ll want to manage expectations (yours and theirs) and stay in contact for questions or updates during your project. You are the final decision-maker.
Pro-tip: Write out your ideal outcome and your second best outcome. It’s easier to evaluate the work when you know already what you will accept and what’s unacceptable. For example, I used a freelancer who had a deep knowledge of Infusionsoft and got me headed in the right direction.
To get you started, here is a list of popular on-demand marketplaces where you will find talented, trustworthy freelancers to work with you.
• Clarity.fm – Expert advice from successful CEOs like Mark Cuban on-demand
• Fiverr.com – largest marketplace of creative and professional services starting at $5
• Freelancer – world’s largest freelancing and crowdsourcing marketplace
• Toptal – provides a directory of vetted software engineers and matchmaking service
• Upwork – online marketplace formerly Elance and Odesk offers a variety of services
You may be wondering, which site do I use for what? How do I select my teammate? Who handles payment? How do I get the most benefit from an outsourced worker? How do I outsource LNC tasks?
We answer these questions and much more in our new course, Outsourcing for Nurse Entrepreneurs Made Easy. This is an ondemand course taught by Attorney Dina Eisenberg, a master of outsourcing. Get all the details here.