Need some success tips for your LNC Business?
1. Do subcontracting work for other LNCs if it makes sense for you in your phase of business development. It will make sense for you if you can afford to work at a rate that will be considerably lower than the rate you would charge the attorney client.
It will also make sense if you need experience and the feedback from a more seasoned LNC. You have the opportunity to be mentored so that you can really understand how to perfect your craft.
2. Get a business coach. Ask yourself, “What would I know about running a business being a nurse?” A business couch knows how to run a business and will guide you with success tips for your LNC business. Your coach may push you way past your comfort zone to help you achieve success. Select an experienced LNC business coach to get the maximum benefit from someone who has been successful.
3. Get Adobe Acrobat Pro so then you can more easily analyze and work with medical records. Although CaseMap is a great program for creating chronologies, in my opinion, you can start with MS Word and invest in CaseMap later in your business. Develop a knowledge of Excel, which can be very useful for creating graphs and tallying numbers.
4. Go to places where you will meet attorneys – bar association events, Chamber of Commerce events, and so on. Be deliberate in your networking by asking questions to identify the people present who handle cases with medical issues. Have plenty of business cards in pockets, your wallet and other easily accessible places.
Attorneys like to meet the people they will be working with – getting out of your house and into their midst is one of the biggest success tips for your LNC business.
5. Work on your mindset, which is part of the benefit of working with a business coach. If I am positive, I really attract positive people in my life. People appreciate working with someone that’s positive.
Even if I’m having a negative day if someone says, “How are you doing” I say, “Excellent” because why wouldn’t I? Negative people reinforce whatever doubts that you have about your business or your capabilities and can really shoot you way down. Some people never recover from that.
Get more success tips for your LNC business by listening to Wendy Votroubek in LNP 38: “The Role of Black Envelopes in a Successful LNC Business”.
Get inspired by the stories of 42 LNCs – how they got started, how they got successful. You will be inspired, amused and motivated by these firsthand accounts. Order Path to Legal Nurse Consulting, Second Edition, at this link.