Does SEO or search engine optimization mystify you? If you have a website, use these SEO marketing tips for legal nurse consultants. Look at your content from how search engines will evaluate your site. The strategies you use add “SEO juice” that attracts search engines.
1. Use a keyword or keyword phrase as the text when you have a link. Suppose you have a contact form on your site (great idea!) Instead of writing, “Use my contact form here to contact me about a case” use your keywords. For example, you might rephrase this to say, “Contact Pittsburgh Legal Nurse Consultants to discuss a case.” The use of your company name adds a bit of SEO Juice.
2. Fill in the “alt tag” when you upload images. The “alt” tag is meant for people with low or no vision so it should be descriptive, such as “nurse with stethoscope”. Don’t skip the “alt” tags on images. If you use WordPress, you can put text in the alt tag area that means something to search engines and viewers too.
3. Did you know that servers are case sensitive? Don’t capitalize any of the letters in a URL that you want to be found by search engines.
4. Start a blog on your website. This is one of the best SEO marketing tips for legal nurse consultants. I have gotten LNC cases from attorneys who found my website and specific blog posts that relate to their case. Make it a goal to write a new blog at least once a week. You should be able to write a 600-700 word blog post in about an hour. Get help starting a legal nurse consulting blog by taking our online course, How to Blog Like a Pro.
5. Link to sites from your website. Just as you focus on external linking, you should also focus on internal linking to other pages or posts on your site. You may keep your readers on your site longer if you link to another blog post on your site. For example, under a blog post add an “if you liked this you may like this” link below to increase the time your readers engaging in your content. Search engines reward sites with longer view times.
6. Look for opportunities to offer guest blog posts to other bloggers. If you’re going to guest blog for SEO purposes, choose blogs that are relevant to your site, have the same audience, rank higher than your site, and receive a lot of engagement.
7. Keep your content up-to-date. Add new content but also upgrade old content in blog posts by ensuring it’s still relevant and all links work.
8. Use long tail keywords in your blog posts. For example, use keyword phrases such as nursing home medical malpractice. That will bring you more visitors than medical malpractice, which has a lot more postings.
9. Find relevant blog posts on other people’s sites and make comments and include your website. Commenting on relevant blogs that allow your website listing is still a good way to drive traffic and improve your search engine ranking.
Tim Peter provided more SEO marketing tips in his podcast called Digital Marketing. Get more tips in part 2 of this blog post series.