Thanksgiving is a day for pausing to be thankful, something we don’t do enough, in my opinion. As legal nurse consultants, we can make huge difference in the lives of our clients. My skills enabled me to help attorneys help people.
- They meant my clients have gotten verdicts as high as 17 million dollars.
- They meant that a man who lost use of one leg after his popliteal artery was severed in surgery was able to buy a handicapped-accessible home.
- They meant that two boys whose brother died as a result of medical malpractice were able to have a college fund, something that would never have been possible in their low-income family.
- They meant that nurses who were defendants in cases were found not negligent and able to walk away from a trial without a stain on their records.
There are so many other examples of lives that I was able to impact because of my legal nurse consulting skills. I am thankful for being able to help people.
What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?
Do you have a place to live, clean water, enough clothes, the ability to pay your bills? Much of the world does not. Knowing what to be thankful for right now will:
a) Allow you to appreciate what you are doing well and feel successful.
b) Allow you to be motivated by the things you are unsatisfied with.
You need to know exactly where you are today at all levels of life. Take some time now, to write down:
What are you happy with, thankful for and unsatisfied with in terms of…
For the results you are happy with, write down why you are happy. For the results you are unhappy with, write down why you are unhappy.
Ignorance is NOT Bliss
There’s nothing more empowering than coming to the realization that you can have, do and be anything you want!
The problem for many nurses who want to be successful legal nurse consultants is they don’t believe it is possible for them.
The old adage “seek and ye shall find” remains as true as ever. If you look for proof that achieving big goals, big dreams and living a life of excitement and success is possible… you will find it. And be thankful for it.
And if you look for proof that life is difficult, big goals are impossible to achieve and success is reserved only for a select few… well you are certain to find that as well.
What I am Thankful for
This is what I appreciate today.
- I can live in a warm place in the winter. It is 82 degrees in Florida and 26 degrees in my New Jersey home today.
- I can live in a warm place (NJ) in the summer and early fall and avoid the humid heat of Florida.
- I have a long term stable marriage.
- I have 2 wonderful sons. One of them is staying with us on a temporary basis and it is nice to have him around.
- I am healthy and can walk without pain and go kayaking this weekend.
- My life is peaceful.
How about you? What are you thankful for?