Your expertise and social proof will draw the attention of your potential clients. Once you have your social proof, it’s time to publish it so that you can make it visible to your target audience. You should publish your proof in various places to strengthen your brand and validate your client’s hiring decision.
Expertise and Social Proof
Here are some examples of social proof you should prominently display on your website and elsewhere where appropriate.
- Show memberships and affiliations that are relevant to your services and your prospects. This shows that you’re official and experienced.
- Use trust badges to put your clients at ease. These are the certificates you get through privacy and security services. It shows that you take your clients’ privacy seriously. A good place to put these is in your service description.
- If you’ve received any awards, accolades, or mentions, display them prominently in pictures or graphics.
- Display your certification badges.
- Create a Press Release (PR) section on your website and keep it updated with the latest news and PR information. This shows that you’re active in the media. Show off any good press you get.
- If possible, show an image or video of your clients. When you put a human face on your social proof, it’s even more powerful. Ensure you have your client’s permission before placing it on your website.
- Put a gallery that shows your work on your site if you produce something that can be shown visually. This isn’t exactly social proof, but like all of your social proof, it will lend you trust and credibility by showing the real results of your work.
- Add client rankings, ratings, comments, and testimonials to your LNC service descriptions. Keep it brief and try to represent it visually.
- Add social sharing buttons and social media widgets to every page on your website.
Display Social Proof Everywhere
Remember to add social proof continuously to all of your content locations, such as social media profiles, and not just your website.
- Include client testimonials in your weekly blog or email newsletter.
- Include a statistical breakdown in your email newsletter.
Take action right now using the ideas below to increase your social proof and expertise:
- Determine two places you can show social proof on your website.
- List your affiliations, accreditations, and awards and where they can be shown on your website or other content.
- Based on other types and tactics for social proof discussed here, list the places you will publish social proof and which type of proof you’ll show in each place.
Schedule time on your calendar to show your expertise using social proof consistently. Any time you gain recognition for new achievements or are showcased on podcasts, take the time to show it everywhere. Please take advantage of these opportunities when you get them.
Pat Iyer is president of The Pat Iyer Group, which develops resources to assist LNCs in obtaining more clients, making more money, and achieving their business goals and dreams.
Get all of Pat’s content in one place by downloading the mobile app, Expert Edu at www.legalnursebusiness.com/expertedu. Watch videos, listen to podcasts, read blogs, watch online courses and training, and more.