- Is it the economy?
- Is it the competition?
- Is it your inexperience as an LNC?
The answer is in the mirror. You are stopping yourself: your doubts, insecurities, fears, and procrastination.
Today is a new day. You’ve spent money and time learning how to become a legal nurse consultant. You may have a loan to pay back. You may have invested in marketing materials, a website, letterhead, and business cards. You’ve told your friends and family you want to build a business. Or, you have a few clients but you want and need more.
- What are you doing to achieve your goals?
- Are you motivated to succeed?
- Are you uncomfortable staying where you are?
- Are you hungry for business?
- Are you consistently marketing to get clients for your legal nurse consulting business?
- Are you able to say “Next” when an attorney does not respond to your marketing overtures?
- Are you challenging yourself to learn more?
- Are you asking your current clients what else you can do for them?
- Are you asking your current clients who else they know who could use your services?
- Are you demonstrating your expertise through your website, blog posts, articles, or newsletter?
- Are you not willing to give up?
These are hard questions. I am asking you to deal with a hard issue – being stuck where you are.
There is nothing easy about being an employee at the whim of the next layoff, tyrant boss, or bully.
I have been self-employed since 1987. There is nothing easy about being in business. It is hard work, discipline, and risk taking behavior that leads to success.
New research refutes conventional wisdom that quote the statistic that 90 to 95 percent of businesses fail in 5 years. The numbers are more encouraging: 66% of businesses last through the first 2 years and 44% last through 4 years.
If you don’t want to be in the 33% who fail in the first 2 years or the 56% who fail in the first 4 years, what are you doing to face what is holding you back?
Get inspiration from Therese Sparby and our other outstanding instructors in our marketing course: How to Get All the Clients You Need. This 6 session course was taught by outstanding marketing experts. It focuses specifically on a legal nurse consulting business.
Watch the recorded sessions and read the transcripts at your convenience. Sign up for How to Get All the Clients You Need here.
Pat Iyer MSN RN LNCC is the president of The Pat Iyer Group LLC.