Book Authoring Mastery
● Would you like a step by step process for writing your book, one that removes all the guess work?
● Wouldn’t it be helpful to know exactly what to do to start your book (so that you finally start it)?
● Would you love to remove the risk that no one would want to read your book?
You are in the right place
It is time to get that book out of your head and into your hands.
Book Authoring Mastery is presented by Pat Iyer MSN RN LNCC, an experienced author who published her first article in 1980. Since then, she has written or edited more than 800 books, chapters, online courses, case studies or articles, and thousands of blog posts.
Pat’s 59 books established her authority and led to the creation of a multimillion-dollar business
In this program you will get access to
- Recorded group coaching sessions to walk you through a step-by-step process to complete your book answering your questions to keep you in continuous forward motion
- A secret Facebook group for asking questions and learning from fellow students
- 52 Writing Tips: Fast and Easy Ways to Polish Your Writing by Pat Iyer AND How to Get Published, a handbook written by Pat Iyer and Al Brown
- One-on-one coaching with Pat Iyer
By the end of this program you will have
- A clear understanding of how a book can change your life and knowledge about what makes a book sell
- Guidelines on how to make your book compelling to readers
- An easy-to-follow customizable system for writing a book
Who is this program for? This program is for you if you
- Want to finally write your book
- Want to parlay your knowledge to build a larger platform for yourself – that can lead to consulting, coaching, public speaking, online course creation, or collaboration
- Would like an experienced author to take you by the hand and walk you through the process of successfully writing your book.
This program is not for people who
- Want to write fiction or poetry.
- Do not want to put in the necessary work to write their books.
- Don’t value feedback about their writing.
Pat Iyer’s first book, The Nursing Process and Nursing Diagnosis, was published in 1986. It changed her life because it established her credibility as an expert witness, which led to starting an independent legal nurse consulting business. She ran this company for 28 years before selling it in 2015. Med League had sales of over a million dollars a year the last 5 years Pat owned the company.
Pat’s publications led to opportunities to consult with healthcare facilities, speak on stages to attorneys, paralegals, nurses, and other healthcare providers, teach online and build Med League and other successful businesses.
Everything about the course was helpful because there are so many steps that I didn't know, like the foreword and an introduction. Pat helped me focus on all these little things that make a difference because you don't think of it when you pick up a book.
I think it was incredibly helpful, very well organized. I liked how it started from the basics, but instead of just jumping right in. It just made really good sense. It flowed very well, and I think the time between sessions was great.
You have access to all of the recordings of the course and the opportunity to meet with Pat Iyer as your book coach 6 times to get your book done!
Course Schedule Pre-course Steps:
Preparation for Course: Laying the Foundation for Your Book
- Positioning Your Book for Success
- Picking Your Topic and Audience
- Identifying Best Selling Topics
Success Step: Select Your Topic
Session 1: Researching Your Topic and Competition
√ The Business Case for Authoring
√ Who is Your Ideal Reader?
√ What’s Your Topic?
√ How to Choose When You Have More Than 1 Idea
√ Types of Books
√ Repurposing Content
√ Researching the Competition
Success Step 1: Homework: Complete planning worksheet, write up reader avatar, determine type of book, consider if repurposing is possible
Session 2: Creating Your Outlines
√ Why Will Your Ideal Reader Buy Your Book?
√ What are the Outcomes the Reader will Achieve
√ Why Create Outlines?
√ How to Create Outlines
√ How to Ask for Feedback
Success Step 2: Create your outlines and elicit feedback from ideal readers
Session 3: Methods of Writing Your Book
√ Artificial intelligence Transcription vs Human Transcription
√ Writing from Scratch
Success Step 3: Begin writing your chapters
Session 4: Refining Your Chapters
√ Writing the First Draft
√ Design Secrets
√ Outlining the First and Last Chapters
√ Creating Book Titles
Success Step 4: Complete the book title worksheet and continue writing your chapters
Session 5: Creating the Trimmings
√ Locating Beta Readers and Reviewers
√ Front Matter, Back Matter
√ Cover Design
Step 5: Continue writing your chapters
Session 6: Finishing and Publishing Your Book
√ Self-publishing – the Process
√ Marketing Your Book
√ Celebrity Endorsements
Success Step 6: Complete book, hire copyeditor and work with layout artist to upload book to Kindle Direct Publishing, implement marketing plan
- Tip sheets, templates, step-by-step action guides
- 6 one on one sessions with Pat Iyer so that you benefit from personal guidance and her extensive experience as an author.
- Secret Facebook group so that you can test your ideas as you create your book.