By Rose Clifford RN LNCC,
Patricia W. Iyer RN LNCC, and Patricia Bemis RN
- Practice Test and Resources
- Book with copies of all 700+ slides and scripts
Questions about shipping?
- Are you looking for a book that contains the essentials of legal nurse consulting in one easy reference?
- Do you learn best by watching videos?
- Are you ready to learn at your own pace in the convenience of your home?
- Do you want to test your comprehension of the material?
This modular home study course provides an overview of the key areas of practice. It will give you a thorough overview of the legal nurse consulting field, divided into 15 chapters of condensed knowledge.
Presented with PowerPoints and audio files, the complete package includes approximately 8 hours of content provided by experienced legal nurse consultants, Rose Clifford and Patricia Iyer. There are over 700 slides and two self-tests.
2. Medical Malpractice: Theories
3. Medical Malpractice: Concepts
4. Medical Malpractice: Experts
5. Personal Injury: Theories
6. Personal Injury: Mechanisms of Injury
7. Product Liability
8. Toxic Tort
9. Workers Compensation
10. Risk Management
11. Life Care Planning
12. Criminal Law
13. Administrative Health and Ethics
14. Elder Law
15. Test Taking Tips
Bonus! The complete package contains:
- Approximately 8 hours of video with narrated PowerPoints
- The script for the video
- A complete 100 question test to evaluate what you have learned
- Quick questions with questions and answers
This product is approved for 30 contact hours. The provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP-3285. CE credit is accepted in all states that require mandatory continuing education for relicense. Contact hours are optional at an additional cost of $15.
Rose Clifford, RN, LNCC owns Medical Analysis Resources, Inc. She is an experienced national speaker and mentor who has been working with attorneys for more than 20 years. She has co-authored chapters on fraud and abuse in nursing home litigation and nursing malpractice. Her firm specializes in the analysis of medical records for fact, merit and the detection of fraud. Her practice clarifies the difficult medical issues of litigation by simplifying complicated issues for the jury. Her firm has the capabilities of successfully handling large volume cases and internships for new legal nurse consultants.
Patricia Iyer MSN RN LNCC She has been working with attorneys since 1987 as an independent LNC. Pat served on the Board of Directors for the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants for 5 years, including a term as president. She was the chief editor of both the Legal Nurse Consulting: Principles and Practice, on which the certification test is based, and AALNC’s online legal nurse consulting course (first edition).
Patricia Bemis presented the “Test Taking Tips” module. Pat has held the position of president of the National Nursing in Business Association since 1999. She is the author of Emergency Nursing Bible, 4th Edition (a peer-reviewed textbook); Self-Employed RN, 2nd Edition; and Nurse Entrepreneurs, 4th Edition. She developed the classes CEN Review: ACE the CEN; Is Self-Employment Right for You? and Self-Employment 101. She presents these classes throughout the country. Her publications and classes offer nursing continuing education in all states. She writes a regular column for RN Magazine on nurse entrepreneurship.