Patricia W. Iyer MSN RN LNCC
The Pat Iyer Group
$29.95 plus shipping
About the Book
Are you interested in honing your legal nurse consulting skills?
There are many legal nurse consultants vying for the business of attorneys. With so many legal nurse consultants to pick from, how do you assure you are the one selected?
The short answer is to hone your legal nurse consulting skills to the point of excellence. The long answer is that there are many aspects of your skills as a legal nurse consulting that you can change.
This text looks at some of them, and shares insider information from Patricia Iyer MSN RN LNCC, an experienced and successful legal nurse consultant.
What will you discover in Honing Your Legal Nurse Consulting Skills?
- Discover how to put your best foot forward with a polished resume or CV that accurately and professionally presents your credentials.
- Get tips and tricks for organizing printed medical records – both handwritten and computer generated.
- Want to efficiently organize records that come to you on a disk or USB drive or through the internet? We’ll show you how.
- The chapter on preparing medical summaries and chronologies shares several techniques for effective report writing. Your work product is the primary way you get and retain clients.
- An additional chapter will help you determine if a law firm position is right for you.
- We also cover a frequently asked question: how can I shine when I attend a fast paced independent medical examination?
- The last part of the book explores how to master the challenging role of being an expert witness, with three chapters covering case intake and analysis, report writing and testifying.
Chapters in Honing Your Legal Nurse Consulting Skills
Chapter 1: Polishing Your Resume and Curriculum Vitae
Chapter 2: Organizing Medical Records
Chapter 3: Summarizing Medical Records
Chapter 4: Proving Your Value as an Inhouse Legal Nurse Consultant
Chapter 5: Observing as an LNC at an Independent Medical Examination
Chapter 6: Mastering the Expert Witness Role
Chapter 7: Crafting Expert Witness Reports
Chapter 8: Learning Testifying Strategies
$29.95 plus shipping
PAT IYER, MSN RN LNCC is the former president of Med League Support Services, Inc., a company she founded in 1987 and sold in 2015 which provided legal nurse consulting for attorneys at www.medleague.com. She is also President, The Pat Iyer Group, where she helps legal nurse consultants succeed. She is an LNC Business Coach. See her coaching site www.LNCAcademy.com.
Pat Iyer has been a legal nurse consultant since 1987 when she first began reviewing cases as an expert witness. She achieved national prominence through her texts and many contributions to the legal nurse consulting field. She was the chief editor of Legal Nurse Consulting Principles and Practices, Second Edition, the core curriculum for legal nurse consulting.
She completed 5 years on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants including a term as president.
Let us introduce you to our multimedia, in-depth, never-leave-your-home programs. You receive the best content for expanding your legal nurse consulting and business skills. Think of it like the “Book of the Month Club” except you get 2 webinars every month – for one low fee. Get all the details at this link.
Learn more about Pat Iyer’s books written specifically to help you grow your skills. Check this link: Creating a Successful LNC Business.