Are electronic health records safe? Do they result in more medical errors?
Learn the answers to these questions from an inside expert. Electronic health records are complex and have shattered traditional care delivery models. While electronic health records are intended to enhance efficiency and patient safety; the potential for errors is HUGE. Learn how healthcare providers take shortcuts with records and what that means to the patient. This webinar will help you gain a deeper insight into key aspects associated with EHR integration that impact safe and quality care delivery. The expert presenter will discuss common safety issues associated with potential risks and errors associated with electronic health records. Every legal nurse consultant needs this information in order to understand the EHR’s impact on safety and medical errors and to help attorneys understand these issues. In this 90 minute webinar you will learn:
- To identify key Electronic Health Record (EHR) design considerations to ensure patient safety versus increased risk for errors.
- To identify safety issues related Electronic Health Record design, integration and utilization
- Why nurses are so disgruntled with EHRs and how that affects your role as an LNC
Becky Rufo DNSC RN CCRN has served in a system leadership role for 6 Electronic Health Record implementations in a large Chicago health system. She led the implementation efforts of 2 different Tele-ICUs in large Chicago health systems and received national recognition for excellence. She is an Associate Professor in a Graduate Nursing Program in Nursing Informatics. Dr. Rufo has 30 years nursing experience related to clinical, leadership, organizational development, education, and informatics and achieved national recognition in publications, presentations and won 2 awards for excellence in Telemedicine.
When you sign up for this program you will receive these bonuses:
- Tip sheet on common informatics terminology
- Tip sheet on staff and physician training considerations related to compliance with documentation standards
Comments from a legal nurse consultant who watched this webinar
I found the information on the definitions very helpful since we see these terms quite regularly in the hospital (meaningful use, CPOE). I also found helpful the reinforcement that the doctor should be entering the medication reconciliation for the patient on admission and discharge. It is routine that the physicians will attempt to ask the nurse to do this and to also enter the orders when they are physically present in the building. Becky, in her webinar, reinforced this very important fact. Laura Ellis Waretown New Jersey
What Others Say About Becky
“Becky Rufo DNSC RN CCRN has extensive experience at being at the forefront of integrating technology with the practice of medicine. She lead the development of 2 Tele-ICUs and integrated an EHR in the largest Catholic Health Care System in Illinois. She has managed monitored, trained and mentored nurses and doctors in the use of technology in the workplace. She has published, presented and won national awards for her excellent work.” Neil Rosenberg MD, Pulmonologist, Intensivist, Chicago Illinois
“Becky Rufo DNSc RN CCRN is an exceptional leader of innovative technology. She has the unique ability of training end users to use technology in a safe and competent manner.” Anna Hester, Senior IS Project Manager, Chicago, Illinois
“Becky Rufo DNSc RN CCRN is an accomplished leader skilled in operationalizing the benefits of technology in clinical management. Her extensive knowledge of innovative technology integration is respected nationally in presentations, publications and awards.” Patricia Shehorn, Retired Hospital CEO, Chicago, Illinois
What’s Your Preferred Learning Format?
“Eelctronic Health Records Webinar” is available in multiple formats, just choose your favorite format or the combination that helps you learn and retain information most effectively.
- Watch the replay at your convenience.
- Add to your learning and information retention by ordering the transcript so you can refer back to Becky Rufo’s valuable information in writing.
- Enjoy the convenience of virtual learning from the comfort of your home, office or even on the go with our digital download format perfect for learning anywhere-anytime on your mobile devices.
- Enjoy the savings offered by our LNB Bundle Packs – (look for the LNB Shield) typically these offer all available formats as a bundle and represent the very best value.
Webinar Purchase: Electronic Health Records – Are They Safe?
Digital Download & Slides $25
Discount on Related Program
The following bonus price is available at the discounted price ONLY when purchased with Electronic Health Records: Are They Safe? Select the bonus to deepen your knowledge.
Is This You?
- Are you looking for practical tips for organizing medical records that were generated by a computer?
- Do you want to learn options for analyzing electronic medical records?
- Do you know how to efficiently review electronic medical records?
This program is for attorneys and legal nurse consultants who want to efficiently organize and analyze electronic medical records.
Usual Price: $47 Your price $23.50 when purchased with Electronic Health Records: Are They Safe?
Grab this bonus during check out in the shopping cart. You have a choice of the transcript or digital download.
Electronic Health Records: Are They Safe? has been approved for 1.5 contact hours through an arrangement with Taylor College. The provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP-3285. CE credit is accepted in all states that require mandatory continuing education for relicensure. Call 1-800-743-4006 with CE questions. There will be a $15 fee, paid directly to the provider, if you want the CE certificate for 1.5 hours.
Let us introduce you to our multimedia, in-depth, never-leave-your-home programs. You receive the best content for expanding your legal nurse consulting and business skills. Think of it like the “Book of the Month Club” except you get 2 webinars every month – for one low fee. Get all the details at this link.