This program is for attorneys and legal nurse consultants.
Is Electronic Medical Records: How to Navigate Your Way Through the Paper Printouts for you?
You want to be able to expedite the review of electronic records. You know that electronic medical record use will increase as more facilities and physician offices invest in this technology.
- Do you want to sharpen your skills in understanding the intricacies of electronic medical records (EMRs)?
- Are you an LNC who needs to probe the details of an EMR but doesn’t know what information is hidden?
- Do you need to analyze the information in reams of printed EMRs?
This program is for you!
In this one hour webinar you will learn:
1. To make sense of the maze of information in an EMR
2. How to request the data you need through audit trails and examination of metadata
3. How a healthcare organization’s use of EMRs makes it both strong and vulnerable
Mila Carlson PhD, RN, CLNC, CNLCP
You’ll hear insider information from a legal nurse consultant who assisted in developing an automated patient scheduling system. As part of a joint venture, Dr. Carlson provided sales and training for the software, in addition to using it on a regular basis at the hospital. She worked for a national information systems company that developed and implemented EMR systems. Dr. Carlson’s dissertation topic and research project were evaluating EMR implementation in physicians’ offices.
Dr. Mila G. Carlson is the Founder and President of Mila Carlson & Associates, P.C., Legal Nurse Consulting/Life Care Planning, based in Rockford, IL.
“Mila’s extensive experience and knowledge of the clinical side of healthcare and her ability to apply her knowledge to software is invaluable.” Sharyle Doherty VP, Product Management, McKesson Provider Technologies
“Mila has an incredibly diverse knowledge of healthcare IT issues.” Norm Barnes Sales Executive, McKesson Provider Technologies
What’s Your Preferred Learning Format?
Electronic Medical Records Webinar is available in multiple formats, just choose your favorite format or the combination that helps you learn and retain information most effectively.
- Watch the replay at your convenience.
- Add to your learning and information retention by ordering the transcript so you can refer back to Dr. Carlsen’s valuable information in writing.
- Enjoy the convenience of virtual learning from the comfort of your home, office or even on the go with our digital download format perfect for learning anywhere-anytime on your mobile devices.
- Enjoy the savings offered by our LNB Bundle Packs – (look for the LNB Shield) typically these offer all available formats as a bundle and represent the very best value.
The use of electronic records for case review will increase as more facilities move toward utilizing EMR software. Becoming more familiar with these types of records will allow you to improve record review in an expeditious manner. This webinar will provide you with the knowledge needed to be able to decipher electronic medical records. You’ll be taken behind the scenes so you will be able to decode these records and better assist your attorney clients.
In this one hour webinar you will learn how to:
1. Evaluate medical records provided for a case to organize and improve efficiency
2. Develop awareness of processes to facilitate record review and report writing
3. Incorporate tips for medical record organization and review into your LNC practice
View your shopping cart to purchase this product!
This program has been approved for 1 contact hour through an arrangement with Taylor College. The provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP-3285. CE credit is accepted in all states that require mandatory continuing education for relicensure. Call 1-800-743-4006 with CE questions. There will be a $15 fee, paid directly to the provider, if you want the CE certificate for 1 hour.
Let us introduce you to our multimedia, in-depth, never-leave-your-home programs. You receive the best content for expanding your legal nurse consulting and business skills. Think of it like the “Book of the Month Club” except you get 2 webinars every month – for one low fee. Get all the details at this link.