Invest in the replay of this webinar
Medical Records Arrived: Is This For You?
- Are you looking for practical tips for organizing medical records that were generated by a computer?
- Do you want to learn options for analyzing electronic medical records?
- Do you know how to efficiently review electronic medical records?
This program is for legal nurse consultants who want to efficiently organize and analyze electronic medical records.
Description of Medical Records Arrived Webinar
The use of electronic records for case review will increase as more facilities move toward utilizing EMR software. Becoming more familiar with these types of records will allow you to improve record review in an expeditious manner. This webinar will provide you with the knowledge needed to be able to decipher electronic medical records. You’ll be taken behind the scenes so you will be able to decode these records and better assist your attorney clients.
In this one hour webinar you will learn how to:
1. Evaluate medical records provided for a case to organize and improve efficiency
2. Get top techniques to facilitate record review and report writing
3. Incorporate tips for medical record organization and review into your LNC practice
Mila Carlson PhD, RN, CLNC, CNLCP
You’ll hear insider information from a legal nurse consultant who assisted in developing an automated patient scheduling system. As part of a joint venture, Mila provided sales and training for the software, in addition to using it on a regular basis at the hospital. She worked for a national information systems company that developed and implemented EMR systems. Dr. Carlson’s dissertation topic and research project were on evaluating EMR implementation in physicians’ offices.
Dr. Mila G. Carlson is the Founder and President of Mila Carlson & Associates, P.C., Legal Nurse Consulting/Life Care Planning, based in Rockford, IL.
“Mila’s extensive experience and knowledge of the clinical side of healthcare and her ability to apply her knowledge to software is invaluable.” Sharyle Doherty – VP, Product Management, McKesson Provider Technologies
“Mila has an incredibly diverse knowledge of healthcare IT issues.” Norm Barnes – Sales Executive, McKesson Provider Technologies
On Demand Webinar –
Medical Records Arrived: Deciphering Paper or Electronic Records
What’s Your Preferred Learning Format?
“Medical Records Arrived Webinar” is available in multiple formats, just choose your favorite format or the combination that helps you learn and retain information most effectively.
- Watch the replay at your convenience.
- Add to your learning and information retention by ordering the transcript so you can refer back to Dr. Carlson’s valuable information in writing.
- Enjoy the convenience of virtual learning from the comfort of your home, office or even on the go with our digital download format perfect for learning anywhere-anytime on your mobile devices.
- Enjoy the savings offered by our LNB Bundle Packs – (look for the LNB Shield) typically these offer all availableformats as a bundle and represent the very best value.
PDF Transcript & Slides $20
Digital Download $25
*A PDF of the PowerPoint slides is included with the purchase of all formats above.
**The digital download allows you to download a recording of the webinar.
The following product should be purchased with Medical Records Arrived: Deciphering Paper or Electronic Records.
How to Analyze Medical Records: A Primer for LNCs
Use this 2016 book to get tips and techniques for organizing paper and electronic medical records, the backbone of our business. You will gain an understanding of how to screen a medical malpractice case for merit and discover clues for detecting tampering with medical records. The book covers the pros and cons of electronic medical records, including how they introduce risk into the documentation of patient care. Two final chapters focus on how to polish your work product to create your strongest professional appearance. You will gain critical insights on how to strengthen your ability to analyze medical records – to gain more clients and earn more money.
View your cart to purchase the product through a single click!
Medical Records Arrived: Deciphering Paper or Electronic Records has been approved for 1 contact hour through an arrangement with Taylor College. The provider is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider number CEP-3285. CE credit is accepted in all states that require mandatory continuing education for relicensure. Call 1-800-743-4006 with CE questions. There will be a $15 fee, paid directly to the provider, if you want the CE certificate for 1 hour.
Let us introduce you to our multimedia, in-depth, never-leave-your-home programs. You receive the best content for expanding your legal nurse consulting and business skills. Think of it like the “Book of the Month Club” except you get 2 webinars every month – for one low fee. Get all the details at this link.