Discover the Secrets of Getting More Cases as an Expert Fact Witness
June 5, 12, 19 and 26, 2018 | Online Training
Didn’t know you could bill at an expert witness rate and not have to be qualified by having current or recent clinical experience?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
Angie’s client asked her if she could do a pain and suffering report. She said, “What’s that?”
Bill realized he did not understand how to analyze records as an expert fact witness, and that opportunities were passing him by.
Carla wrote one report as an expert fact witness, loved the experience, and wants to do more cases.
The solution to the problem is the same for each of these people.
But what is the actual problem?
They all need a way to polish their skills to be able to function in the role of the expert fact witness.
Meet the Creator of Expert Fact Witness Mastery
In the early 1990s Pat Iyer MSN RN LNCC got a call one day from a client who asked her to summarize his client’s medical treatment – as an expert – without expressing any opinions. That phone call led to a role she performed more than 500 times over the next 22 + years.
Pat is the author of the Expert Fact Witness chapter, coming out in the fourth edition of Legal Nurse Consulting Principles and Practices, the core curriculum of legal nurse consulting. She also edited Medical Legal Aspects of Pain and Suffering, published by Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company.
When you enroll in Expert Fact Witness Mastery, you will have
1. A set of medical records to use to practice the process of preparing an expert fact witness report
2. The opportunity to gain experience and get individual feedback on your report
3. A deep understanding of what the role is and is not
4. A template for discussing the role with an attorney so that it will be obvious why you should get involved
5. Answers to objections the attorney or opposing counsel may pose
6. A level of confidence in being able to testify as an expert fact witness
Expert Fact Witness Mastery: The Course Curriculum
Component #1 The 4 Steps to Create an Expert Fact Witness Report and Market this Role to Attorneys ($797 value)
Session 1: June 5, 2018 at 8 PM Eastern
Analyzing the Case
- How to get a clear concept of the role
- How to start an analysis of medical records
- How to organize the report
- How to extract data for charts
Session 2: June 12, 2018 at 8 PM Eastern
- How to create exhibits
- How to resize and edit images
- How to outsource when needed
Session 3: June 19, 2018 at 8 PM Eastern
- How to create polished reports
- Writing tips to incorporate into an expert fact witness report - or any LNC work product
Session 4: June 26, 2018 at 8 PM Eastern
Marketing and Testifying
- How to sell the role to attorneys
- How to master the testifying role
Component #2 4 Training Sessions with Pat Iyer ($797 value)
Get weekly training for 4 weeks while you discover how to create expert fact witness reports and present them to attorneys. In each class you will build your knowledge about the role, the report and the responsibilities of an expert fact witness.
You will send your report to Pat Iyer and the Expert Fact Witness Mastery support group for feedback. You will be on your way to creating expert fact witness reports.
Component #3 Personal Feedback from Pat Iyer MSN RN LNCC ($350 value)
it is one thing to learn something and another to found out how well you did. You will get feedback from Pat Iyer on your report.
She will personally review your report and discuss it with you in a one-hour one-on-one call.
You’ll discover how to polish your report from one of America’s most successful and experienced legal nurse consultants. Since 1993, she has written over 500 expert fact witness reports and testified in dozens of depositions and trials in state and federal courts.
Two years after entering the field of legal nurse consulting as an expert witness, Pat started Med League, an independent legal nurse consulting business. She ran this company for 28 years before selling it in 2015.
Component #4 Lifetime Access to Expert Fact Witness Mastery Support Group ($797 value)
Beside education, Expert Fact Witness Mastery is all about being part of a success-minded community.
Analyzing a case and creating a professional legal nurse consulting report without the right support group is hard, but there is no reason for you to struggle on your own.
You deserve to be part of a group of legal nurse consultants who are committed to serve attorneys with excellence. Your fellow students will share their reports so everyone in the group can see how each other completed the assignment. This gives you feedback on your analysis and sample report and additional ideas for changing your report. We are here for you!
After you join Expert Fact Witness Mastery, you will be added to our exclusive secret Facebook community to connect with your fellow students and to get feedback on your report.
Bonus #1 Medical Legal Aspects of Pain and Suffering by Pat Iyer, published by Lawyers and Judges Publishing Company ($139 value)
This is THE primer for expert fact witnesses. Contributors include doctors, nurses, attorneys, and more. The 22 chapters of this book will give you essential background information about how to analyze pain and suffering associated with specific age groups and conditions. You’ll use this as a reference long after the course is over.
Bonus #2 Tipsheets and Templates ($197 value)
You will receive guidelines and templates that will speed your work in analyzing medical records and writing reports.
These are delivered digitally throughout the course.
You want to wow attorneys with your skills
You want to build a successful LNC practice
You want to achieve your dreams
Expert Fact Witness Mastery is for you if you are a legal nurse consultant who wants to
- Explore the rewarding role of being an expert fact witness.
- Gain experience analyzing a case and writing an expert fact witness report.
- Get feedback from an experienced LNC to give you direction and improve your work product.
And if you are just getting started . . .
With Expert Fact Witness Mastery you will learn how to analyze a case and prepare an expert fact witness/pain and suffering report. It is the best investment to help you grow your skills. It is the course you need to gain expertise in this role. It is the only course of its kind.
Who is this program for?
I understand that I'm getting access to a one time offer worth over $3,077.00 of training for a very low investment. This offer is available for a limited time and can be taken down any minute as soon as the next class is full.
I also understand that as part of Expert Fact Witness Mastery, I will receive:
• 4 coaching sessions to analyze a set of medical records to prepare an expert fact witness report. Pat will lead the sessions lasting 90 minutes ($797 value)
• Lifetime access to the Expert Fact Witness Mastery support group for asking questions and learning from fellow students ($797 value)
• Personal feedback from Pat Iyer on my reports in a one hour call with Pat - one on one ($350 value)
• Bonus #1: Medical Legal Aspects of Pain and Suffering ($139 value)
• Bonus #2: Tip Sheets and Templates ($197 value)
You will also receive:
21 nursing contact hours (optional) for $15 paid to the provider
I’m ready to invest in myself, strengthen my skills and increase my confidence. I understand I am getting access to a one time offer worth over $3,077.00 in training for a very low investment.