Visual evidence can make or break a case. Take advantage of the opportunities to convince attorney clients to develop exhibits for any stage of a case.
In this program, you’ll
- learn how to work with attorneys to clearly define key concepts and create effective and efficient exhibits
- gain an overview of the technology now available for producing persuasive exhibits
- get an understanding of the types and uses of a variety of presentation formats, from flip charts to computer generated demonstrations
Legal nurse consultant Karen Haviland will help you learn how to market your services related to visual evidence to expand your role and assist your clients serve their clients.
You will learn:
- Why LNCs offer a competitive advantage over non-medical consultants
- How the LNC can save the attorney time and money and improve the effectiveness of visual evidence
- How to find the experts essential for assisting with exhibit production
- How to market the benefits of using an LNC to prepare visual evidence
Presenter of Visual Evidence
Karen M. Haviland, RN, BSN, CLNC is founder and owner of Case Solid Legal Nurse Consulting Services in Maryland. Her background includes over 20 years in Emergency Department, Critical Care, Cardiology and Administration. She started her full time CLNC practice in 2001 after resigning her full time position as Director of Emergency Services. She now consults full-time for some of the largest medical malpractice and personal injury firms in the Baltimore-Washington area. Karen’s strongest expertise is in the area of discovery. In one of her first cases, her assistance in the discovery phase helped her attorney-client win a $5.6 million verdict.
After Karen’s first plaintiff trial exhibit in Baltimore City, Maryland landed a victory, the exhibit impressed the other side so much that her next exhibit was for the defense. Trial exhibits are now a large part of her practice and she has expanded into a firm outside of her home and hired three employees. Her company handles medical malpractice, personal injury and disability cases.
Moderator: Pat Iyer is President of The Pat Iyer Group.
As a legal nurse consultant,
- Are you helping your attorney client get the most out of demonstrative evidence/graphics/exhibits for a case?
- Do you know the optimum time to plan demonstrative evidence?
- Are your graphics designed to be absolutely clear and compelling?
- Do you know how to obtain effective feedback to improve your exhibits?
- Do you know when to use low tech, medium tech and high tech demonstrative evidence?
- Have you envisioned a trial as a play that needs visual aids at each stage?
If you have answered one or more questions “no”, this is the program for you. Designed for attorneys, paralegals and legal nurse consultants, this session will assist you to plan effective visual aids, work with a graphics designer to obtain the results you need, and direct the courtroom drama with on-target exhibits.
View your shopping cart to purchase this program with Visual Evidence: Helping Your Attorney Client Succeed.
Let us introduce you to our multimedia, in-depth, never-leave-your-home programs. You receive the best content for expanding your legal nurse consulting and business skills.
Think of it like the “Book of the Month Club” except you get 2 webinars every month – for one low fee. Get all the details here.