Medical Record Analysis: A Guide for Attorneys by Expert LNCs
Now, with Medical Record Analysis: A Guide for Attorneys by Expert LNCs, you will have access to the collective analytical skills of LNCs specializing in a range of experience—including breaches of standard of care that don’t always show up in the medical records.
The authors of this book are experienced clinicians and legal nurse consultants who unlock tips for analyzing medical records for a broad array of issues.
Pat Iyer edited this book, using her deep knowledge of legal nurse consulting, to bring you the practical information you need to navigate medical cases.
Our authors work in various capacities – as expert witnesses, behind-the-scenes consultants, life care planners, risk managers, mediators, and quality assurance nurses.
The chapters in this book, all written by legal nurse consultants, contain clear language, are illustrated by case studies, and are designed to make the information memorable and easily understandable.
Chapter titles include:
- Peering Behind the Drapes in the OR
- Beyond the Medical Records: Additional Sources of Evidence
- Medical Malpractice in Unskilled Home Care: What's Happening When You are not Watching
- How Safe is Anesthesia?
- The Hidden Gems within the Nursing Home Walls
- Medication Errors and Communication Failures In the Critical Care Setting
- Cancer Chemotherapy Malpractice
- Nursing Malpractice: Sepsis
- Never Events - Then and Now
- Quality Improvement and Medical Errors
- IMEs/DMEs: Understanding the Impact of an Effective Observer and Accurate Reports
- How to Access Your Medical Records Once You Receive Them
- The Not So Common Personal Injury Cases: Traumatic Brain Injury
- Emergency Nursing Practice in Traditional and Non-Traditional Settings
- The Power of Using a Rehabilitation Nurse
- Mediation is a Nurse's Specialty Too
Medical Record Analysis: A Guide for Attorneys by Expert LNCs is unique in its in-depth approach to medical records analysis.
When you read this book, you'll understand more about some of the clinical issues that drive liability. This knowledge will be critical when you apply the concepts to analyzing cases.
Order the instant download or use the button to get the paperback or Kindle version on Amazon.